Wednesday 1 July 2009

Well we've had surf, wind, lots of rain and even some sun...sounds like summer in Devon to me. First an apology for neglecting the blog recently. With surf , contests, articles, family it seems there is never enough time. I started several new posts but they never made it to completion and time kept marching on. Enough of the excuses, on with stuff whats happened.

Waxer sprays the crowd as Croyde A lift the North Devon Cup.

My first lineup article for the Journal passed off OK, all pretty accurate and even spelled right, this weeks not quite so good. I'd managed to string a pretty good piece together about the North Devon Cup only to find that someone had inserted text about the King of the Groms right in the middle....aaahhhh!
The North Devon Cup all shiny and new

The North Devon Cup at Woolacombe was great, although I did have to turn down the evening of free beer(a first for me), lots of surfers from across North Devon coming together to enjoy a day of competitive surfing and social drinking(big thanks to Dan Newsome for sorting out a cracking day). Sounds like Saunton want to host the next one and we all know how good their BBQ's are!
Saunton show that they are the champs when it comes to sand fights
I've scored a couple of great surf sessions, getting new angles, and ace lookin waves. Unfortunately for me that meant foregoing the fun of swimming around with my housing and instead scrabbling across rocks and gully's trying to avoid being cut to ribbons on the barnacles or dropping a fairly expensive bit of kit in the sea. Pleased with the results.
where every surfer wants to be.......low tide perfection at Croyde

I went to Subway, next to Barnstaple's Tesco store, the other day for the launch of their Summer Surf Lifesaving promotion. All good fun with Bideford's top pro surfer Sophie Hellyer in attendance as ambassador for Surf Life Saving GB, Check out the subway scratch cards for surf prizes. Good fun and I got and ace sausage and bacon sub, well tastyMore stuff coming soon both here and in LINEUP over the next few weeks
Stand Up Paddle boarding, more contests, profiles, longboarding, and I promise to keep it more regular....honest

No comments:

Post a Comment